20 Odd Facts
Here are twenty things you may not know about me.
- Star sign: Libra. And I do see both sides of everything.
- Favorite food: Pizza.
- Favorite music: Celtic harp.
- Pet: The closest we have to pets are chickadees, woodpeckers, raccoons, a deer family, and Hoot Hoot LaRue, the owl.
- Weird things I love: Pet rats, carrot juice, and the movie, Ishtar.
- Favorite books: Historical mysteries, especially those by Ellis Peters and Sharan Newman.
- Favorite fantasy: Living on a soft, green island where it rains all the time (this fantasy has come true, except for the rain!).
- Dislikes: Noisy music, hot weather, and mean people.
- Best subject at school: English, of course. Least favorite was government. Subject I wished I’d studied harder: Latin.
- Favorite past job: One summer I was “the girl in men’’s underwear” at a department store.
- Biggest surprise about me: I’m well organized and good at math.
- Thing I like best about writing: Working curled up in a big chair with a cup of tea and a cat on my lap.
- Favorite holiday: Thanksgiving.
- Heroes: Jane Addams, Eleanor Roosevelt, Jane Yolen, and my husband.
- What I wanted to be when I grew up: Movie star, ballerina, brain surgeon, archaeologist.
- Things I love: The full moon, fog, and potato chips.
- Favorite sport: Napping
- Favorite TV show: the Brother Cadfael series, I Claudius, and Sesame Street.
- Biggest fault: I eat too much. And worry too much. And complain too much. And find fault with myself too much.
- Hobby: Growing things in the yard to bring into the house—tomatoes, rosemary, lavender, daisies, apples, pears, hazelnuts, blackberries.